Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Soldier of Love

As I walk into this Valentine’s day 2010, thinking of love that hasn’t happened yet and Love that’s been reclassified, burnt up, long gone away and/or lawst. Sittin here listenin to the song “Soldier of Love” Sade…can’t help but scratch my head and think, dawg she sure been all up in my thawts. I remember all the times I love you’s were told, received or sent written down or wrapped up in a gif … Yet no one ever mentioned, well if you love me, can you tell me what kind of love it is you think or iz sayin you love me wif? Knowing the kind of love a person is sayin they love you wif can make a world of difference on many many days. lol.

In Sade’s tune she refers to herself as a soldier moving through different battles, enduring scars, upsets, disappointments yet still filled with expectation and willing to keep on fighting on through every day….smh…can’t help but wish I could look her in the eye and say, “girl, this beat is tight but do you really realize what ur saying and the message your sendin” She never mention the part bout how tiring the whole thing can become or them days you wake up an say pfft…to heck wit ALL this love mess, specially when the love stuff and feelins is newly endin.

You know when you peel off, pack up and turn in that soldier uniform for a while in favor of some self empowerment trip lol…cuz we do have them days you know and they’re ok. *shrugs* But the song is still nice and good for the “Im dating but still single or we been together for a long while” kind of days. Sidenote: This NOT a “I really just need a break from this love stuff right now for a minute”…least I think so anyways. But the entire CD is kinna cool and sweet, Specially for a Valentine Treat to the one you love or like heavily or w/e…

To my special someone, I would like cash and giftcards or a weekend stay in a hotel suite not this CD, but will put it in my purse in case we need it on the night of the 13th…wink, wink *big smile* Happy Valentine's Day Yall!! Agape Love To All!

Valentine’s Day Kinds of Love: Eros = aesthetic love a romantic love and it stands with all of its beauty. Philla = reciprocal love between personal friends. A vital, valuable love. Agape = understanding, creative, redemptive good will for all men. Yes, I got these Greek word definitions from another onna Dr. King’s speeches… (said while batting eyelashes n smiling).

No comments:

Post a Comment