Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Coming together on facebook and twitter

When I stop to think about the ways comments on facebook and twitter impact my days and night, I sometimes think of great articles like the one I am about to share with you…it is a jewel. It talks about using facebook and twitter to share creativity, alleviate stress, and how these sites can make us more productive in other areas of our lives. Much like Secondlife, the relationships I have formed, the stress relievers of the games, the info shared, the laughter and greetings…are very important to me. I think its very cool to have these relationships and for creative ideas spill over from one place into another (think I may have said this before, but am saying it again because the very idea just truly makes me smile). Don’t get me wrong, some days these sites add to my stress but more often than not they alleviate it because there is always something going on that allows my mind to be distracted from other stressors of my day and on many days…I truly need and appreciate this. Which means I need and appreciate all of you.

In this article is says, “ Humans weren’t designed to maintain a constant focus on assigned tasks. We need periodic breaks to relieve our conscious minds of the pressure to perform — pressure that can lock us into a single mode of thinking. Musing about something else for a while can clear away the mental detritus, letting us see an issue through fresh eyes, a process that creativity researchers call incubation.” AND IT SAYS, “ A random scrap of information can trigger just the right conceptual collision. It’s hard to know which scrap might do the trick, but that’s the beauty of social networks — they constantly produce potential sparks, for free.” AND, MY FAVORITE PART “The participatory nature of Twitter and Facebook makes them excellent tools for supercharging creativity. Users finely craft their bons mots (A clever saying, phrase or witticism) to grab people’s attention and perhaps earn a retweet or two... Twitter and Facebook give knowledge workers the chance to turn downtime into a game where creativity and insight are rewarded” This to me is good stuff my peeps!

On the 22nd of February, I watched the View talk show interview Evan Bayh on his not seeking re-election and something he said stood out in my mind. “there are only two times the republican and democratic party’s have come together since he’s been in office, the impeachment proceedings of 1999 because no one knew what to do, and 911”. Hearing him say this makes me want to scream and shout to everyone online, “lets not be like them.” It should not take a major travesty for us to come together with dignity, grace and decency. We all have so much to share and our coming together is a masterpiece at its best because we are all so different yet are able to come together in some of the same places. This is what I love about social network systems the most. Here are my favorite spots to visit: facebook, twitter, http://blacksoulrhythms.ning.com, http://thereddoorproject.ning.com/, http://www.clydevilleswing.com/, http://moolto.ning.com/, www.avatarsunited.com,and http://thekewllounge.ning.com. I am on others like myspace, profilelives but not too much….anywhoo...Check out this article.

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/02/st_essay_distraction/ It is very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment