Thursday, February 4, 2010

Internet Feelins…Feelin out our feelin outs

I walk through my mind reflecting how I moved space to space; social networks, virtual world, chatting posting, reviewing applications thinking WOW! This is really a cool thing. Making mention to myself some of my most favorite spots. Thinking how some folks say I go there everyday and some say that’s not such a good idea. I think of the differences in profiles, statuses, jokes, catchy phrases, music, events….the places where people come from…their likes and dislikes. I think of particular cliques and genres. My cliques are: just about everybody, although I lean more towards those who post information I can use and grow from. Mind you, this includes just about everybody. lol…Why? Because the posts make me think and I like that. Bad or good, sour AND sweet. Thinking about the diversity in it all, the assortment is just sooo big, so much to choose from. As I go through my day I make mental notes how some genres just don’t understand others and also how some are unable to completely crossover into the views of a genre that is outside their own particular preference.

There is a difference in the mental languages of the writings even though the very same words, letters, vowels, acronyms, etc… are used. I think about the word affect. Affect as in how an emotion can be interpreted on a screen or piece of paper versus the way it could be interpreted if the person was sitting in front of you. It’s a way of conveying emotion through typed expressions…lol is a good example and also one that everyone uses and/or pretty much understands. The difference in mental languages comes when you begin to situate persons of one genre into that of another. Like persons of virtual worlds mingling with those who have never experienced virtual worlds. Another example is those who visit virtual worlds in search of fantasy versus those who visit due to the accomplishment of a real-life goal. Both have the capacity to enrich the mind and expand the mental horizon. Neither is subservient to the other, it just depends on the person.

Some go to online locations to accomplish dreams that they may not have the means to accomplish either due to lack of desire, lack of means, or lack of energy. Some go to escape reality. Mind you…not everyone goes for these reasons. There are hundreds of other reasons. Some individuals have an incapacity for imagination or prefer not to indulge their imaginations via online applications, preferring to actually hop on a plane and go to Athens as opposed to looking through a computer screen…but what about those who can’t afford this type of treat either due to financial or physical impairments. For them online places are a solution, and a very good one. It is the same for being on Social Network Systems…You may want to go to Paris and actually sit down and have tea with Louella. On the networks you can do this and chat (dialogue with the person) about how the tea tastes, smells and makes you feel…The only difference is…you are not sitting in the same physical room, land, or country. What you are doing is sharing a virtual space in real time…that’s all…nothing more.

And who says the feeling of pleasure derived is not as pleasurable as if it were the actual thing…no one can, just depends on the person. Personally, I’d rather hop the plane…except for when it comes to listening to music. You can’t beat the amount of diversity in music at any one place at any one time. BUT, this is just me. Oh yeah, NO Louella is not a person I know from Paris lol…I just like how the name sounds n stuff. Very Cool! *huge cheesy grin* ^5…more thoughts later n stuff…stay tuned!

<--(selecting blacksoulrhythms.neostreams.info:8000 on her celly, b4 she go outside)...get it? lol...smh *big smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment